1. The Cosmopolitan Model of the Holy Alliance.
2. The Gulf War: The First Cosmopolitan War.
3. The Blind Alleys of International Ethics.
4. Civitas Maxima and Cosmopolitan Law.
5. Towards a 'Weak Pacifism'.
Postscript to the English Edition.
* A challenging and sceptical critique of the idea of Cosmopolis - the idea of world or 'global government' which could be used to avert the threat of war and international disorder.
* Zolo outlines an alternative account of international relations which takes account of their pluralistic and conflictual natures.