DescriptionIn Courage, Gus Lee captures the essential component of leadership in measurable behaviors. Using actual stories from Whirlpool, Kaiser Permanente, IntegWare, WorldCom and other organizations, Lee shows how highly successful executives face and overcome their fears to develop moral intelligence. These real-world examples offer practical lessons for rooting out unethical practices and behaviors by
- Assessing them for rightness and integrity
- Addressing moral failures
- Following through with dialogue and direct action
Part One: Backbone at the Point of Decision.
1. Chris’s Story.
2. Seeking Courageous Core Values.
3. Going Deeper (and Higher) into Values and Ethics.
4. Chris Boldly Moves Forward.
5. Coda: Applying Courageous Values at Whirlpool.
Part Two: Courage in Action.
6. Courageous Communication.
7. The Courageous Communication Model.
8. Courageous Feedback.
9. Courage by Example.
10. Courageous Leadership.
11. Three Acts of Courageous Leadership.
12. Courageous Problem Solving: The Black Box.
13. Using Courageous Communication from the Bottom Up.
Part Three: Growing Your Courage.
14. Everyday Habits That Build Courage.
15. Your Character Quotient.
16. The Courage to Change.