DescriptionThis second edition of Cranes – Design, Practice, and Maintenance has been thoroughly updated. Many new photographs are included and the latest information on developments in equipment and crane technology has been added. The chapter on standards has also been revised to include a comprehensive guide to current legislation.
This unique book discusses and explains the technical issues and considerations in a practical way, offering a comprehensive review of the different types of cranes and their uses. Heavily illustrated with photographs and line drawings, this title continues to be of considerable interest to crane designers, crane manufacturers and
suppliers, crane users, project managers, health and safety specialists, and consultants involved in a wide range of industries.
TOPICS COVERED INCLUDE:
- Wire ropes
- Drives: calculating motor powers
- Sagging and slapping of the wire ropes
- Rock and roll of the spreader
- Machinery trolleys versus wire rope trolleys
- Twin lift
- Automatic equipment identification (AEI)
- Construction and calculation methods on strength and fatigue
- Wheels and tracks.