1. Strategies for the Entrepreneurial Millennium. (Raphael Amit, Charles E. Lucier, Michael A. Hitt, and Robert D. Nixon).
Part I: Wealth-Creating Business Models and Identifying Opportunities.
2. Value Drivers of e-commerce Business Models. (Raphael Amit and Christoph Zott).
3. An Intermediation-Based View of Entrepreneurship. (Mike W. Peng and Heli Wang).
4. How Real are Real Options? The Case of International Joint Ventures. (Jeffrey Reuer).
5. More Good Things are Not Necessarily Better: An Empirical Study of Strategic Alliances, Experience Effects, and New Product Development in High-Technology Start-ups. (Frank T. Rothaermel and David L. Deeds).
6. Knowledge Creation and Utilization: Promoting Dynamic Systems of Creative Routines. (Ikujiro Nonaka and Patrick Reinmoeller).
Part II: Exploiting Opportunities for Wealth Creation.
7. An Optimal Stopping Model for the Exploration and Exploitation of a New Venture Opportunity. (Young Rok Choi, Moren Levesque, and Dean Shepherd).
8. Competition and the electronic World: Does e-Commerce Require the Recognition of Channel as a Type of Diversification? (Esmeralda Garbi, Peggy Golden, and Brenda Richey).
9. Corporate Venture Capital and the Creation o US Public Companies: The Impact of Sources of Venture Capital on the Performance of Portfolio Companies. (Markku Maula and Gordon Murray).
10. Strategic Decision-Making in the Entrepreneurial Millennium: Competition, Crisis and "Expert" Risk Assessment of emerging Market Sovereigns. (Gerry McNamara and Paul Vaaler).
11. Strategic Decision-Making in High Velocity environments: A Theory Revisited and a Test. (Kevin Clark and Chris Collins).
12. The Ties that Bind: Managing Supplier Relationships in the High-Growth Firm. (Amy Beekman and Richard Robinson).
- Leading experts from the field of entrepreneurship explain how to identify entrepreneurial opportunities and how to exploit these opportunities with effective strategies that create value.
- The volume is divided into two sections: the first focuses on identifying entrepreneurial opportunities; the second on exploiting these opportunities for wealth creation.
- Within each section, individual chapters address emerging issues in strategic management and entrepreneurship, such as value drivers for new business models, and the use of real options and knowledge creation in high velocity environments.
- The strength of the book is that it focuses on the cutting edge ideas and imaginative strategies that are being employed by the new winners in today's economic climate.