DescriptionAs interest in environmental sustainability grows, this successful text has been fully revised and updated in order to show how tourism is currently reshaping human and physical environments around the world.
List of Boxes.
List of Figures.
Preface to the Second Edition.
Part I: An Approach to Tourism:.
2. The International Dimension.
Part II: Access to Tourism Consumption:.
3. Social Access to Tourism and Leisure.
4. Tourist Motivation and Behaviour.
Part III: The Production of Tourism Services:.
5. The Tourism and Leisure Industries.
6. Tourism and Entrepreneurship.
7. Tourism, Employment and Labour Markets.
Part IV: Tourism Environments:.
8. Tourism and Leisure Environments.
9. Mass Tourism.
10. Urban Tourism.
11. Rural Tourism.
12. Tourism and the Environment: the Challenge of Sustainable Tourism.
"The many examples are wide ranging and hence it should provide a key text for students from a wide range of disciplines who wish to understand the many social challenges arising from contemporary tourism and leisure activity. [...] The text offers a vital contribution of the problems and issues facing modern tourism." International Journal of Environmental Studies
- Explains how tourism is reshaping human and physical environments.
- Centred around the concepts of the production and consumption of tourism.
- Updated to keep up with recent changes in tourism geography.
- New sections include a chapter on the complexities of sustainable tourism.