1. Your fate is in your hands.
2. Diabetic kidney disease - what is it?
3. Early diagnosis of diabetic nephropathy.
4. Management of diabetic kidney disease.
4.1 The benefits of good blood sugar control.
4.2 The benefits of good blood pressure control.
4.3 Eating correctly - it's all about protein and salt!
4.4 Smoking - a particularly dangerous habit for diabetics.
4.5 High levels of fatty acids in the blood - bad news in every case.
5. Diabetics with kidney failure are threatened in other ways.
5.1 How diabetes can affect your sight.
5.2 Kidney failure also endangers the heart.
5.3 The brain also suffers from arteriosclerosis.
5.4 A common problem - poor circulation in the legs.
5.5 The diabetic foot - how to avoid amputation.
6. What else to consider.
6.1 Urinary tract infection - particularly common in women with diabetes.
6.2 X-ray examinations - contrast agents may be dangerous in patients with kidney failure.
6.3 Dental problems in people with nephropathy.
7. Prospects yesterday and today.
8. Special situations.
8.1 Pregnancy and diabetic nephropathy.
8.2 Sport and diabetic nephropathy.
9. When kidney function fails.
9.1 The different possibilities for kidney replacement therapy.