About the Author.
1. A Brief Look at the History of Autism.
2. The Importance of the Autism Referral.
3. How to Conduct the Evaluation.
4. Information to Gather at the Outset of the Evaluation.
5. Diagnostic Criteria for the Autism Spectrum Disorders.
6. The Main Problem Areas of Autism: Social Impairment.
7. The Main Problem Areas of Autism: Language Impairment.
8. The Main Problem Areas of Autism: Behavioral Concerns.
9. Additional Questions to be Asked when Interviewing Teens.
10. Additional Questions to be Asked when Interviewing Adults.
11. Other Important Factors to Take into Consideration.
12. Differential Diagnosis through the Lifespan.
13. Feedback for the Patient and Family/Parents.
Appendix A: Sample Copy of My Screening Questionnaire.
Appendix B: Sample Copies of Reports.
- The first book of its kind which demonstrates how to conduct an appropriate diagnostic interview to assess a child for an Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Considers the issues of Autism Spectrum Disorders in children, teenagers, and adults
- Aimed at both medical and mental health professionals
- Includes an in-depth treatment of the entire diagnostic process