DescriptionDNA technology has a vital role in diverse fields such as criminal investigation and gene therapy – dynamic areas involving many specialised terms and techniques. This unique dictionary offers current, detailed, accessible information to lecturers, researchers, students and technicians throughout the biomedical and related sciences.
- The new edition represents a major update with 50% more entries on the very latest developments.
- Clear explanations of terms, techniques, and tests, including commercial systems, with detailed coverage of many important procedures and methods.
- Includes well-established methodology plus new technology and data from the latest research journals, going well beyond the remit of most science dictionaries.
- Essay-style entries on many major topics to assist newcomers to the field.
- Covers topics relevant to medicine (diagnosis and gene therapy); veterinary science; biotechnology; biochemistry; pharmaceutical science/drug development; molecular biology; microbiology; epidemiology; genomics; environmental science; plant science/agriculture; taxonomy; and forensic science.
Notes for the user.
Appendix: alphabetical list of general.
""This worthwhile reference book reflects the rapid advances in the field of DNA and genome technology that have occurred in the past decade."" (Choice , 1 April 2011)