DescriptionConsultant and long-time FDA food and dietary supplement labeling expert James Summers offers a comprehensive guide to understanding and complying with the dietary supplement labeling requirements of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in Dietary Supplement Labeling Compliance Review, Third Edition.
Available in book or searchable CD-ROM (view CD-ROM version) formats, this updated review is composed of three essential parts:
- Sections I through V consist of the introduction and how-to information.
- Sections VI through IX consist of the compliance step-by-step review procedure (in the form of questions and responses,) and other labeling requirements.
- Sections X through XV consist of guidance and information for decision making.
II. Overview of Dietary Supplements Labeling.
IV. Need for Specific Regulations Governing Dietary Supplements.
V. Outline for Compliance Review of Dietary Supplement Labels.
VI. Compliance Label Review.
VII. Exemptions from FDA Requirements.
VIII. Compliance Provisions.
IX. Dietary Supplement labeling Issues.
X. Listing of Charts, Graphics, Guidelines, Illustrations, and Regulations.
XI. The Office of Dietary Supplements.
XII. Conforming Amendments.
XIII. Notices and Proposed, Interim Final, and Final Rules Related to Dietary Supplements.
XIV. Index to the September 23, 1997, Federal Register Preambles and the Final DSHEA Regulations.
XV. Index to the June 22, 1998, Federal Register Preambles to the Interim Health Claims Final Rules.
* a comprehensive guide to understanding and complying with the dietary supplement labeling requirements of the Food and Drug Administration
* clearly illustrated with dozens of charts, sample label panels and Supplement Facts boxes