DescriptionDifficult Diabetes is intended for diabetologists and endocrinologists who want to keep abreast of the developments in this fast-changing world. It provides a distillation of clinical wisdom that is desperately required in the absence of evidence-based guidelines. This book seeks to avoid rehashing the accepted content and dogma found in the excellent textbooks of diabetes. It provides more of an in depth coverage than is possible in individual review articles. Its key objective is to provide guidance to clinicians about the most topical and controversial aspects of their practice.
- Provides guidance to clinicians about the most topical and controversial aspects of their practice
- Each chapter is written by an expert in the field who can give a balanced overview of the topic
- All information is as up to date as possible due to fast production of the book
1. Do we know how to diagnose diabetes and do we need to screen for the disease?.
2. Does IGT really exist, and if so what should be done about it?.
3. Is gestational diabetes important, and worth screening for?.
4. What should we do about microalbuminuria?.
MANAGEMENT ISSUES IN TYPE 2 DIABETES.
5. Is obesity realistically treatable in type 2 diabetes?.
6. What are the options for oral agents treatment in type 2 diabetes?.
7. Should insulin be used in obese type 2 diabetes?.
8. Is the management of diabetic foot ulceration evidence based?.
MANAGEMENT ISSUES IN TYPE 1 DIABETES.
9. Is even moderate control of diabetes in adolescence feasible?.
10. Does brittle diabetes exist?.
11. How should hypoglycaemia unawareness be managed?.
12. Is multiple injection therapy (MIT) the treatment of choice in type 1 diabetes?.
13. Is insulin pump treatment ever justifiable?.
14. Is there a role for sole transplantation of the pancreas in type 1 diabetes?.
OTHER MANAGEMENT ISSUES.
15. Should there be employment restrictions for diabetic patients?.
16. How should erectile dysfunction in diabetes be managed?.
17. How should hypertension be managed in diabetes?
* each chapter is written by an expert in the field who can give a balanced overview of the topic
* all information is as up to date as possible due to fast production of the book