List of Matlab Code.
List of Acronyms.
2. Modelling of Sampled Data Systems.
I: Digital Signal Processing.
3. Linear System.
5. Frequency Domain Analysis.
III: Transfer Function Approach to Controller Design.
7. Structures and Specifications.
8. Proportional, Integral, Derivative Controllers.
9. Pole Placement Controllers.
10. Special Cases of Pole Placement Control.
11. Minimum Variance Control.
12. Model Predictive Control.
13. Linear Quadratic Gaussian Control.
IV: State Space Approach to controller Design.
14. State Space Techniques in Controller Design.
Appendix A. Supplementary Material.
Index of Matlab Code.
- Presents digital control from scratch
- Includes numerous examples, problems, solutions and Matlab code.
- Developed from three existing lecture courses in digital control, systems identification and intermediate process control.
- Concludes each chapter with a ‘problems’ section.
- Highlights the advantages of the polynomial approach.
- Assumes little or no prior knowledge of analogue control.
- Offers a very thorough treatment of the z-transform and frequency-domain analysis.
- Includes a thorough treatment of identification.
- Attempts the tuning of PID controllers using model-based control techniques.
- Author is a chemical engineer giving this book a unique, but not exclusive chemical engineering angle.