DescriptionPraise for the First Edition:
"An excellent resource to review fundamental concepts that craft our understanding of the human body."
—The American Biology Teacher
Digital Histology: An Interactive CD Atlas with Review Text offers a complete introduction to histology with superbly clear and thoroughly labeled images andillustrations within an elegant navigation structure. While the printed book provides a handy, consistentlystructured outline for your review of key issues in thestudy of human histology, the CD-ROM is an inter-active, annotated digital color atlas of micrographs.
Features new to this edition include:
Over 1,200 light and electron microscopic images (almost 500 more images than in the first edition) that can be superimposed with labels and descriptive legends
New electron micrographs with diagrammatic overlays highlighting structural features
New sections on mitosis and meiosis, which contain stage-by-stage diagrams detailing structural events
A side-by-side diagrammatic comparison of thestages of mitosis and meiosis
Expanded coverage of supporting cells in nervous tissue; gametogenesis in the male and female reproductive systems; and hemopoiesis
The CD-ROM provides interactive learning on both Mac and PC platforms. In addition to its hundreds of new images, this new edition features a navigational tool that tracks current locations within the contents, as well as allowing linear and nonlinear access to any screen. It also features randomized viewing of images, especially helpful to use alongside the self-quizzes.
Digital Histology is an indispensable learning tool for students and teachers in medicine, histology, human biology, anatomy and physiology, and pathology.
Chapter 1: Tissue Preparation and Microscopy.
Chapter 2: Cell Structure and Cell Division.
Chapter 3: Epithelial Tissues.
Chapter 4: Connective Tissues.
Chapter 5: Supporting Connective Tissues.
Chapter 6: Blood and Hemopoiesis.
Chapter 7: Muscle Tissue.
Chapter 8: Nervous Tissue.
Chapter 9: Concepts and Terminology.
Chapter 10: Cardiovascular System.
Chapter 11: Skin (Integument, Cutaneous Membrane).
Chapter 12: Digestive System.
Chapter 13: Respiratory System.
Chapter 14: Lymphoid System.
Chapter 15: Urinary System.
Chapter 16: Endocrine System.
Chapter 17: Male Reproductive System.
Chapter 18: Female Reproductive System.
Chapter 19: Eye.
Chapter 20: Ear.
- First edition a solid success: Still the only interactive, annotated atlas of histology available
- New edition features enhanced navigational tool on the CD, with linear and nonlinear access to any screen while also showing user's current position in the larger volume of the contents
- New edition of CD-ROM contains almost 500 more images than the first edition, over 1200 images in all!
- Offers randomized order of viewing images -- especially helpful for self-quizzing and reviewing materials
- Self-grading quizzes with answers, including detailed explanations
- Superb image quality, and images may be viewed or used with or without labels
- Handy printed book offering a quick overview of content