1. Introduction to the Legal System.
2. Freedom of Expression.
3. Telecommunications Regulation.
4. Internet Regulation.
5. Confl ict of Laws.
6. Information Access and Protection.
7. Intellectual Property: Copyright.
8. Intellectual Property: Patents, Trademarks, and Trade Secrets.
10. Invasion of Privacy.
11. Sex and Violence.
12. Commercial Speech and Antitrust Law.
Table of Cases.
- The first book to explain how media law has evolved to meet the challenges posed by digital media, providing an introduction to all areas of digital media law and its overlap with traditional media law
- Covers areas such as Internet publishing, file sharing, satellite radio and cellular phone broadcasts
- Features explanations of traditional communication law concepts, illustrated with modern cases related to digital media that students know and use
- Expanded treatments are given to particularly interesting issues, cases, law projects, treaties, and litigants, etc.
- Accompanying website with ancillaries and updates on legal topics related to digital media