Discussion as a Way of Teaching: Tools and Techniques for Democratic Classrooms, 2nd Edition
Preface to the First Edition.
1. Discussion in a Democratic Society.
2. How Discussion Helps Learning and Enlivens Classrooms.
3. Preparing for Discussion.
4. Getting Discussion Started.
5. Keeping Discussion Going Through Questioning, Listening, and Responding.
6. Keeping Discussion Going Through Creative Grouping.
7. Discussion in Culturally Diverse Classrooms.
8. Discussing Across Gender Differences (Written with Eleni Roulis).
9. Keeping Students’ Voices in Balance.
10. Keeping Teachers’ Voices in Balance.
11. Understanding the Dynamics of Online Discussion.
12. Creating the Conditions for Online Discussion.
13. How Theory Can Inform Discussion Practice.
14. Discussion Groups as Democratic Learning Laboratories.
15. Evaluating Discussion.