Buy Both and Save 25%!
This item: Diseases of Sheep, 4th Edition
Sheep Flock Health: A Planned Approach (Hardcover $132.99)
Cannot be combined with any other offers.
1. Sheep: A UK Perspective on a World Resource: D A R Davies.
Part II: Welfare.
2. Sheep Welfare: Standards and Practices: A C Winter and J L Fitzpatrick.
3. Welfare of Fetal and Newborn Lambs: D J Mellor.
4. Sheep Welfare: Castration and Tail Docking: V Molony and J E Kent.
5. Sheep Welfare: Transport Of Sheep: J A Earl.
6. Slaughter of Sheep: D C Henderson.
Part III: Reproductive Physiology.
7. The Reproductive Cycle and Its Manipulation: D C Henderson and J J Robinson.
8. Ewe Management for Reproduction: L A Stubbings.
9. Management and Care of Rams: J Vipond and A Greig.
10. The Perinatal Period: D J Mellor and J C Hodgson.
Part IV: Reproductive Diseases.
11. Genital Abnormalities, Obstetrical Problems and Birth Injuries: J C Hindson and A C Winter.
12. Neonatal Conditions: D C Henderson.
13. Ram Infertility: A Greig.
14. Prolapse and Hernia: B D Hosie.
15. Mastitis and Contagious Agalactia: G H Watkins and J E T Jones.
16. Chlamydial Abortion: I D Aitken and D Longbottom.
17. Toxoplasmosis and Neosporosis: D Buxton and S M Rodger.
18. Border Disease: P F Nettleton and K Willoughby.
19. Other Infectious Causes of Abortion: R Mearns.
20. Brucella melitensis Infection: G Castrucci.
21. Ulcerative Balanitis and Vulvitis: A Greig.
Part V: Diseases Of The Alimentary System.
22. Diseases of the Oral Cavity: A L Ridler and D M West.
23. Clostridial Diseases: C J Lewis.
24. Mycobacterial Infections: J M Sharp.
25. Other Enteric Infections: R C Gumbrell.
26. Cryptosporidiosis and Coccidiosis: S E Wright and R L Coop.
27. Gastrointestinal Helminthosis: F Jackson and R L Coop.
28. Liver Fluke: G B B Mitchell.
Part VI: Diseases Of The Respiratory System.
29. Acute Respiratory Virus Infections: J M Sharp and P F Nettleton.
30. Contagious Respiratory Tumours: J M Sharp and M De Las Heras.
31. Maedi-Visna: G C Pritchard and I Mcconnell.
32. Pasteurellosis: W Donachie.
33. Mycoplasma Respiratory Infections: R D Ayling and R A J Nicholas.
34. Parasitic Bronchitis and Pneumonia: F E Malone.
Part VII: Diseases Of The Nervous System.
35. Scrapie: M Jeffrey and L Gonzalez.
36. Louping-Ill: H W Reid and F Chianini.
37. Listeriosis: P R Scott.
38. Other Nervous Diseases: P R Scott.
Part VIII: Diseases Of Feet and Legs.
39. Diseases of The Feet: J R Egerton.
40. Foot-and-Mouth Disease: A I Donaldson and R F Sellers.
41. Arthritis: G H Watkins.
Part IX: Diseases Of Skin, Wool and Eyes.
42. Orf: H W Reid and S M Rodger.
43. Sheep Pox: R P Kitching.
44. Caseous Lymphadenitis: G J Baird.
45. Staphylococcal Skin Infections: P E Mcneil.
46. Bacterial and Fungal Infections Of The Skin and Wool: J Plant.
47. Sheep Scab (Psoroptes ovis): P Bates.
48. Other Ectoparasitic Conditions: P Bates.
49. Photosensitization: A Flåøyen.
50. Ocular Diseases: B D Hosie.
51. Tick-Borne Diseases: Z Woldehiwet.
Part X: Metabolic and Mineral Disorders.
52. Pregnancy Toxaemia: N D Sargison.
53. Deficiency of Mineral Macro-Elements: A R Sykes.
54. Micronutrient Imbalance: N F Suttle and D G Jones.
55. Diseases of the Urinary System: N D Sargison and K W Angus.
Part XI: Poisons.
56. Plant Poisoning in Great Britain and Ireland: K W Angus.
57. Inorganic and Organic Poisons: W J Mccaughey.
Part XII: Tumours.
58. Tumours: R W Else.
Part XIII: Other Important Diseases.
59. Sarcocystiosis: A Uggla and D Buxton.
60. Bluetongue: B I Osburn.
61. Rinderpest and Peste Des Petits Ruminants: W P Taylor and T Barrett.
62. Rift Valley Fever: G F Bath.
63. Akabane Disease: P D Kirkland.
Part XIV: Regional Problems.
64. Middle East and North Africa: M M Rweyemamu and J Berrada.
65. Southern Africa: G F Bath.
66. Australia: J Plant.
67. New Zealand: A L Ridler and N D Sargison.
68. North America: C Wolf.
69. South America: Pampas Areas: L A O Ribero.
70. South America: Andean Highlands: R Rosadio.
71. South America: Patagonia: C Robles.
Part XV: Technical Section.
72. Flock Health Programmes: R N Spedding, J C Hindson and J A Earl.
73. Pharmacology and Therapeutics: S Page and D Hennessy.
74. Anaesthesia and Common Surgical Procedures: E W Scott.
75. Necropsy and Sampling Techniques: F Howie.
Part XVI: Appendices.
A. Haematological Reference Values.
B. Clinical Chemistry Reference Values
- First published in 1983 this is the most authoritative and comprehensive book on sheep diseases available for veterinary surgeons and agriculturalists.
- Known to many as the "Moredun Sheep Book" because of its association with the Moredun Research Institute, long recognised as a centre of excellence in sheep disease research.
- Special attention is given to specific regional disease problems in the Middle East, Southern Africa, Australia, New Zealand, North America and South America.
- Covers technical aspects of disease prevention and treatment, including uncommon diseases, as well as sheep welfare issues.