Preface to the First Edition.
1. Anatomy and Function.
2. Assessment of Liver Function.
3. Biopsy of the Liver.
4. The Haematology of Liver Disease.
5. Ultrasound, Computed Tomography and Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
6. Hepato-cellular Failure.
7. Hepatic Encephalopathy.
8. Acute Liver Failure.
10. The Portal Venous System and Portal Hypertension.
11. The Hepatic Artery and Hepatic Veins: the Liver in Circulatory Failure.
14. Primary Biliary Cirrhosis.
15. Sclerosing Cholangitis.
16. Virus Hepatitis: General Features, Hepatitis A. Hepatitis E and Other Viruses.
17. Hepatitis B Virus and Hepatitis Delta Virus.
18. Hepatitis C Virus.
19. Chronic Hepatitis: General Features, and Autoimmune Chronic Disease,.
20. Drugs and the Liver.
21. Hepatic Cirrhosis.
22. Alcohol and the Liver.
23. Iron Overload States.
24. Wilson’s Disease.
25. Nutritional and Metabolic Liver Diseases.
26. The Liver in Infancy and Childhood.
27. The Liver in Pregnancy.
28. The Liver in Systemic Disease Granulomas and Hepatic Trauma.
29. The Liver in Infections.
30. Nodules and Benign Liver Lesions.
31. Malignant Liver Tumours.
32. Imaging of the Biliary Tract: Interventional Radiology and Endoscopy.
33. Cysts and Congenital Biliary Abnormalities.
34. Gallstones and Inflammatory Gallbladder Diseases.
35. Benign Stricture of the Bible Ducts.
36. Diseases of the Ampulla of Vater and Pancreas.
37. Tumours of the Gallbladder and Bile Ducts.
35. Hepatic Transplantation.
"Sherlock and Dooley's Diseases of the Liver and Biliary System, the only text written by the two authors, remains an outstanding clinical liver guide for the generalist and specialist alike". -JAMA on the 10th edition.
* Every chapter has been updated with the most recent advances in the study and control of hepatitis