Product not available for purchase
A unique and comprehensive book on display metrology written by a leading expert in this field
Many think that it is a simple matter to characterize a display but they are more complicated than anticipated because of the legitimate limitations of the instrumentation that often go unnoticed to the novice. There are many pitfalls and problems that can lead to huge errors in obtaining good measurement results. Display Metrology will alert readers to the problems in making measurements on displays, and it will help them avoid these mistakes.
- Cover the problems encountered in making display measurements from microdisplays to wall and projection displays.
- Written by an author with extensive experience in this field: serves as the editor of the upcoming new measurement standard of the ICDM (International Committee for Display Metrology) as well as one of its main authors; and continues to provide a short course on the topic.
- Places a special emphasis on avoiding the pitfalls in display measurement.
- Introduces the complex system of units used in radiometry, photometry and colorimetry; providing tutorial problems to show how those quantities are used in calculation.
- Includes reflection measurements and measurements on 3D displays – both these topics are newly developed for the International Display Measurement Standard, and will be dealt with in detail in book form for the first time.