How to Use this Book.
1. Troubleshooting Distillation Simulations.
2. Where Fractionation Goes Wrong.
3. Energy Savings and Thermal Effects.
4. Tower Sizing and Material Selection Affect Performance.
5. Feed Entry Pitfalls in Tray Towers.
6. Packed-Tower Liquid Distributors: Number 6 on the Top 10 Malfunctions.
7. Vapor Maldistr5ibution in Trays and Packings.
8. Tower Base Level and Reboiler Return: Number 2 on the top 10 Malfunctions.
9. Chimney Tray Malfunctions: Part of Number 7 on the Top 10 Malfunctions.
10. Draw-Off Malfunctions (Non-Chimney Tray) Part of Number 7 on the Top 10 Malfunctions.
11. Tower Assembly Mishaps: Number 5 on the Top 10 Malfunctions.
12. Difficulties During Start-Up, Shutdown, Commissioning, and Abnormal Operation: Number 4 on the Top 10 Malfunctions.
13. Water-Induced Pressure Surges: Part of Number 3 on the Top 10 Malfunctions.
14. Explosions, Fires, and Chemical Releases: Number 10 on the Top 10 Malfunctions.
15. Undesired Reactions in Towers.
17. The Tower as a Filter: Part A. Causes of Plugging-Number 1 on the Top 10 Malfunctions.
18. The Tower as a Filter: Part B. Location of Plugging-Number 1 on the Top 10 Malfunctions.
19. Coking: Number 1 on the Top Malfunctions.
21. Relief and Failure.
22. Tray, Packing, and Tower Damage: Part of Number 3 on the Top 10 Malfunctions.
23. Reboilers That Did Not Work: Number 9 on the Top 10 Malfunctions.
24. Condensers That Did Not Work.
25. Misleading Measurements: Number 8 on the Top 10 Malfunctions.
26. Control System Assembly Difficulties.
27. Where Do Temperature and Composition Controls Go Wrong?
28. Misbehaved Pressure, Condenser, Reboiler, and Preheater Controls.
29. Miscellaneous Control Problems.
About the Author.
"The third book on distillation by the renowned Henry Kister. It is a highly impressive piece of work." (The Chemical Engineer, March 2008)