Buy Both and Save 25%!
This item: Distributed Computing: Fundamentals, Simulations, and Advanced Topics, 2nd Edition
Task Scheduling for Parallel Systems (Hardcover $122.00)
Cannot be combined with any other offers.
PART I: FUNDAMENTALS.
2. Basic Algorithms in Message-Passing Systems.
3. Leader Election in Rings.
4. Mutual Exclusion in Shared Memory.
5. Fault-Tolerant Consensus.
6. Causality and Time.
PART II: SIMULATIONS.
7. A Formal Model for Simulations.
8. Broadcast and Multicast.
9. Distributed Shared Memory.
10. Fault-Tolerant Simulations of Read/Write Objects.
11. Simulating Synchrony.
12. Improving the Fault Tolerance of Algorithms.
13. Fault-Tolerant Clock Synchronization.
PART III: ADVANCED TOPICS.
15. Wait-Free Simulations of Arbitrary Objects.
16. Problems Solvable in Asynchronous Systems.
17. Solving Consensus in Eventually Stable Systems.
"...the authors take readers through these notoriously difficult subjects and ably demystify puzzling buzzwords…" (IEEE Distributed Systems Online, March 2005)
"The authors present the fundamental issues underlying the design of distributed systems…as well as fundamental algorithmic concepts and lower-bound techniques." (IEEE Computer Magazine, October 2004)