Don't Give Me That Attitude!: 24 Rude, Selfish, Insensitive Things Kids Do and How to Stop Them
- Does your kid never take no for an answer and demand things go his way?
- Do her theatrics leave you drained at the end of the day?
- Are you resorting to bribes and threats to get your kid to do chores?
- Does he cheat, complain, or blame others for his problems?
- Do you feel you’re running a hotel instead of a home?
- Are you starting to feel like your child’s personal ATM machine?
What happened? You thought you were doing the best for your child and didn’t set out to raise a selfish, insensitive, spoiled kid. In her newest book, Don’t Give Me That Attitude! parenting expert Michele Borba offers you an effective, practical, and hands-on approach to help you work with your child to fix that very annoying but widespread youthful characteristic, attitude. If you have a child who is arrogant, bad-mannered, bad-tempered, a cheat, cruel, demanding, domineering, fresh, greedy, impatient, insensitive, irresponsible, jealous, judgmental, lazy, manipulative, narrow-minded, noncompliant, pessimistic, a poor loser, selfish, uncooperative, ungrateful, or unhelpful, this is the book for you!
PART ONE: Confronting the Crisis.
Exposing the Big Brat Factor.
What’s the Difference Between Attitude and Behavior?
We’ve Got a Big Problem.
Where Is This Coming From?
The Bad Attitude Intelligence Test.
Preventing the Worst-Case Scenario: Why You Better Start Changing Bad Attitudes Today.
Bad Attitude Emergencies: Immediate Intervention Needed.
The Seven Worst Mistakes in Trying to Change Bad Attitudes.
Bad Attitude Antidotes and Replacements.
Facing Our Own Hidden Demons.
How Do People See You?
Your Own Attitude Makeover.
How to Use This Book.
Final Thoughts Before the Big Attitude Makeover.
PART TWO: Twenty-Four Attitude Makeovers.
20 Poor Loser.
PART THREE: Beyond the Crisis.
About the Author.