DescriptionBuild a dynamic, high-impact Web site with the remarkable power of Dreamweaver 8 and the latest version of this top-selling guide from well-known Dreamweaver guru Joseph Lowery. Packed with hands-on instruction and step-by-step tutorials, this comprehensive manual starts you on the basics of Web design and moves to advanced techniques in no time. From quick design prototyping to ongoing Web site management—plus a special focus on Dreamweaver 8's new features for CSS, Flash video, code development, and more - this professional guide is a must for Web masters and developers.
Inside, you'll find complete coverage of Dreamweaver 8
- Create dynamic Web pages using Cascading Style Sheets
- Punch up your page with progressive or streaming video
- Build interactive forms and client-side image maps
- Insert, delete, and update data in your Web pages
- Improve your HTML coding with the new Coding toolbar
- Integrate with Photoshop(r), Flash(r), Fireworks(r), ColdFusion(r), and other apps
- Use templates and the Library to unify and update your pages
- Extend Dreamweaver's power by creating your own custom tags and behaviors
The value-packed CD-ROM includes Dreamweaver 8 tryout edition and exclusive interactive on-screen tutorials!
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
Part I: Laying the Groundwork in Dreamweaver 8.
Chapter 1: What’s New in Dreamweaver 8.
Chapter 2: Introducing Dreamweaver 8.
Chapter 3: Touring Dreamweaver.
Chapter 4: Setting Your Preferences.
Chapter 5: Setting Up Sites and Servers.
Part II: Designing and Crafting Core Pages.
Chapter 6: Accessing the Code Directly.
Chapter 7: Building Style Sheet Web Pages.
Chapter 8: Working with Text.
Chapter 9: Inserting Images.
Chapter 10: Establishing Web Links.
Part III: Adding Advanced Design Features.
Chapter 11: Working with Divs and Layers.
Chapter 12: Using Behaviors.
Chapter 13: Setting Up Tables.
Chapter 14: Interactive Forms.
Chapter 15: Creating Lists.
Chapter 16: Using Frames and Framesets.
Chapter 17: Working with Timelines.
Part IV: Incorporating Dynamic Data.
Chapter 18: Establishing Connections and Recordsets.
Chapter 19: Making Data Dynamic.
Chapter 20: Managing Data.
Chapter 21: Working with Live Data.
Chapter 22: Crafting Multiple-Page Applications.
Part V: Including Multimedia Elements.
Chapter 23: Fireworks Integration.
Chapter 24: Inserting Flash and Shockwave Elements.
Chapter 25: Adding Video to Your Web Page.
Chapter 26: Using Audio on Your Web Page.
Part VI: Enhancing Productivity and Web Site Management.
Chapter 27: Using Dreamweaver Templates.
Chapter 28: Using the Repeating Elements Library.
Chapter 29: Maximizing Browser Targeting.
Chapter 30: Building Accessible Web Sites with a Team.
Chapter 31: Integrating with XML and XSLT.
Part VII: Extending Dreamweaver.
Chapter 32: Customizing Dreamweaver.
Chapter 33: Handling Server Behaviors.
Appendix A: What’s on the CD-ROM?
End-User License Agreement.
- Fully revised to cover all the new features of this hot web design tool for active, database-driven Web page development!
- New focus on tutorials and solutions makes the Bible more approachable than ever before
- New guided on screen lessons included on CD ROM
- Written by Macromedia insider, Web design expert, best-selling author, and Dreamweaver Advisor Council team member Joe Lowery.