DescriptionThis handbook focuses on the complex processes and problems of organizational change and relates current knowledge of individual and group psychology to the understanding of the dynamics of change.
- Complementary and competing insights are presented as overviews of theory and research
- Offers helpful insights about choosing models and methods in specific situations
- Chapters by international authors of the highest quality
About the Contributors.
Introduction (Jaap Boonstra).
PART I: FUNDAMENTALS AND PRACTICES IN ORGANIZATION DEVELOPMENT.
1. Organization Development and Change: Foundations and Applications (Thomas Cummings).
2. Open Systems Theory: Implications for Development and Learning (Merrelyn Emery).
3. Organizing Change Processes: Cornerstones, Methods, and Strategies (Morten Levin).
4. Art and Wisdom in Choosing Change Strategies: A Critical Reflection (Marc Buelens and Geert Devos).
PART II: DESIGNING AND ORGANIZING ORGANIZATIONAL CHANGE.
5. Change Architecture: Designing and Organizing the Process of Change (Colin Carnall).
6. Managing Change Successfully: Core Questions, Issues, and Strategies (Klaus Doppler).
7. Organizational Change: Strategies and Interventions (Elise Walton and Michael Russell).
8. Dilemmas and Paradoxes in Organizing Change Processes: A Critical Reflection (Luc Hoebeke).
PART III: ORGANIZING, CHANGI NG, AND LEARNING IN AMBIGUOUS CONTEXTS.
9. Organizational Change and Development: Episodic and Continuous Changing (Karl Weick and Robert Quinn).
10. Thinking about Change in Different Colours: Multiplicity in Change Processes (Léeon de Caluwé and Hans Vermaak).
11. Beyond Implementation: Co-creation in Change and Development (André Wierdsma).
12. ChangeWorks: A Critical Construction (Dian Marie Hosking).
PART IV: POWER DYNAMICS AND ORGANIZATIONAL CHANGE.
13. Power Dynamics in Organizational Change: A Multi-perspective Approach (Patricia Bradshaw and Jaap Boonstra).
14. Interactions inOrganizational Change: Using InfluenceTactics to Initiate Change (Gary Yukl).
15. Power and Collaboration: Methodologies for Working Together in Change (Kilian Bennebroek Gravenhorst and Roeland in ’t Veld).
16. Power and Change: A Critical Reflection (Cynthia Hardy and Stewart Clegg).
PART V: LEARNING AND DEVELOPING FOR SUSTAINABLE CHANGE.
17. Learning in Organizations: Schools of Thought and Current Challenges (Alfons Sauquet).
18. Double-loop Learning and Organizational Change: Facilitating Transformational Change (Chris Argyris).
19. Learning and Sustainable Change: Designing Learning Spaces (Gerhard Smid and Ronald Beckett).
20. Knowledge, Learning, and Organizational Embeddedness: A Critical Reflection (Alice Lam).
Conclusion: Some Reflections and Perspectives on Organizing, Changing, and Learning (Jaap Boonstra).