Email marketing can be an inexpensive and effective way for small and large businesses to reach new customers, stay in touch with them, and increase sales. Email marketing can also be a pain if you don't know how to build lists, create messages that get clicks, and stay on the good side of anti-spam laws. Email Marketing For Dummies, 3rd Edition delivers the insight of Constant Contact, a leading email marketing service provider, on how to create effective email campaigns that deliver results. Constant Contact draws on their 20+ years serving over 600,000 clients to provide steps for creating an effective campaign on your own or with help from a vendor. The book covers:
- Getting Started with Email Marketing: the steps of adding email to your marketing plan and complying with laws governing email
- Mapping Out a Strategy: the initial steps of going from idea to execution, including setting goals and creating mailing lists
- Constructing a Message: content is king, even in email marketing. This section shows how to build a message that encourages clicks.
- Specialized campaigns: this section refines the email marketing process with chapters covering how to integrate a campaign with social media, how to design for mobile, and how to automate the process.
- Tracking your results: an email campaign is a valuable as its return. This section shows how to get your email into inboxes and get clickthroughs.
- The Part of Tens - the traditional For Dummies closer advises on how to avoid email marketing mistakes and resources for creating more effective campaigns