Ecology of Weeds and Invasive Plants: Relationship to Agriculture and Natural Resource Management, 3rd Edition
Burdock (Charles Goodrich)
Chapter 1. Weeds and Invasive Plants.
Chapter 2. Principles.
Chapter 3. Invasibility of Agricultural and Natural Ecosystems.
Chapter 4. Evolution of Weeds and Invasive Plants.
Chapter 5. Weed Demography and Population Dynamics.
Chapter 6. Plant-Plant Associations.
Chapter 7. Weed and Invasive Plant Management Approaches, Methods and Tools.
Chapter 8. Herbicides.
Chapter 9. Systems Approaches for Weed and Invasive Plant Management.
- Focuses on the biological features of weeds and invasive plants, especially as they exist in agriculture, forests, rangelands, and natural ecosystems
- Includes coverage of exotic invasive plants
- Discusses a variety of methods and tools for managing weeds and invasive plants, including physical, cultural, biological, and chemical approaches
- Examines systems approaches for management, including modern Integrated Pest Management
- Addresses future challenges for scientists, farmers, and land managers