DescriptionThis volume presents a practical guide to the development, application and evaluation of effective interprofessional education in health and social care. It is both a practice manual for those in hands-on roles and a reflective guide for those indirectly involved in professional education. The book provides clear advice on methods of establishing training and education programmes and evaluating their effectiveness, while simultaneously examining the relationship between initial application, ongoing maintenance and subsequent assessment. The authors expound multiple points of view that will generate individual thinking and approaches to both the practice and the estimation of interprofessional education schemes.
The book is divided into three sections: the first introduces the differing approaches to professional education and the rationale behind measuring their worth; the second part focuses on planning, development and delivery; the third part advises in a robust and pragmatic way on modes of measuring the efficacy of programmes. The interrelation of these topics is then examined to provide a synthesised perspective on the development, delivery and evaluation of interprofessional education.
Part I: Interwoven Threads.
1. The Spectrum Illuminated.
Part II: Developing Effective Interprofessional Education.
3. Towards Equilibrium.
4. The Groundwork.
5. The Curriculum.
6. Learning and Assessment.
7. Staff Development.
8. Testing your Development.
Part III: Evaluating the Effectiveness of Interprofessional Education.
9. Planning Sound Evaluations.
10. Developing Sound Evaluations.
11. Resources for Evaluations.
12. Conducting Evaluations.
13. Using and Sharing Learning from Evaluations.
Endnote: Drawing the Threads Together
In summary, this is a book of great value for educationalists.""
Learning in Health and Social Care, Vol 5, Issue 3
- Includes a glossary to clarify and identify professional terminology
- Clearly explains the choice between interprofessional, multiprofessional and uniprofessional education
- Describes how to develop and deliver quality interprofessional education
- Provides evaluation techniques