DescriptionWith 200 pages of new content, the fifth edition of this popular guide gives new or veteran project managers a comprehensive overview of all of the best-of-breed project management approaches and tools today, including Traditional (Linear and Incremental), Agile (Iterative and Adaptive), and Extreme. Step-by-step instruction and practical case studies show you how to use these tools effectively to achieve better outcomes of projects at hand. Plus, the book provides full coverage on managing continuous process improvement, procurement management, managing distressed projects, and managing multiple team projects. The companion Web site includes exercises and solutions that accompany the project management instruction in the book.
1. What Is a Project?
2. Understanding the Project Management Process Groups.
3. How to Scope a Project.
4. How to Plan a Project.
5. How to Launch a Project.
6. How to Monitor and Control a Project.
7. How to Close a Project.
II. Establishing Project Management Life Cycles and Strategies.
8. Project Management Landscape.
9. Traditional Project Management.
10. Using Critical Chain Project Management.
11. Agile Project Management.
12. Extreme Project Management. Project Management Infrastructure.
III. Building an Effective Project Management Infrastructure.
13. Establishing and Maturing a Project Support Office.
14. Establishing and Managing a Project Portfolio Management Process.
15. Establishing and Managing a Continuous Process Improvement Program.
IV. Managing the Realities of Projects.
16. Managing Distressed Projects.
17. Managing Multiple Team Projects.
Epilogue: Putting it All Together Finally.
Appendix A. What's on the Web Site.
Appendix B. Bibliography.