A broad and comprehensive survey of the fundamentals for electrochemical methods now in widespread use. This book is meant as a textbook, and can also be used for self-study as well as for courses at the senior undergraduate and beginning graduate levels. Knowledge of physical chemistry is assumed, but the discussions start at an elementary level and develop upward. This revision comes twenty years after publication of the first edition, and provides valuable new and updated coverage.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
This item: Electrochemical Methods: Fundamentals and Applications, 2nd Edition
Analytical Electrochemistry, 3rd Edition (Hardcover $155.00)
Cannot be combined with any other offers.
Introduction and Overview of Electrode Processes.
Potentials and Thermodynamics of Cells.
Kinetics of Electrode Reactions.
Mass Transfer by Migration and Diffusion.
Basic Potential Step Methods.
Potential Sweep Methods.
Polarography and Pulse Voltammetry.
Method Involving Forced Convention--Hydrodynamic Methods.
Techniques Based on Concepts of Impedance.
Bulk Electrolysis Methods.
Electrode Reactions with Coupled Homogeneous Chemical Reactions.
Double-Layer Structure and Adsorption.
Electroactive Layers and Modified Electrodes.
Scanning Probe Techniques.
Spectroelectrochemistry and Other Coupled Characterization Methods.
Photoelectrochemistry and Electrogenerated Chemiluminescence.
Appendix A: Mathematical Methods.
Appendix B: Digital Simulations of Electrochemical Problems.
Appendix C: Reference Tables.
- New material has been added in the following areas; applications of ultramicroelectrodes, phenomena at well-defined surfaces, modified electrodes, modern electron-transfer theory, scanning probe methods, LCEC, impedance spectrometry, modern forms of pulse voltammetry, and various aspects of spectroelectrochemistry.
- Chapter 5 in the first edition ""Controlled Potential Microelectrode Techniques-Potential Step Methods"" has been divided into two new chapters, 5 """"Basic Potential Step Methods"" and 7 ""Polarography and Pulse Voltammetry"" in the new edition.
- Chapter 12 ""Double-Layer Structure and Adsorbed Intermediates in Electrode Processes"" in the old edition has become Chapters 13 "" Double-Layer Structure and Adsorption"" and 14 "" Electroactive Layers and Modified Electrodes"" in the new edition.
- The previous edition had a single chapter on experiments in which other characterization methods are coupled to electrochemical systems (Chapter 14). The new edition has a new Chapter 16 ""Scanning Probe Techniques"" as well as Chapter 17 ""Spectroelectrochemistry and Other Coupled Characterization Methods"" and Chapter 18 ""Photoelectrochemistry and Electrogenerated Chemiluminescence""
- Bard and Faulkner is the leading book in the field, with authors known for their research and widely published in the area of electrochemistry and its applications.
- The book has strong coverage of the field of electrochemistry, especially the fundamentals.
- The revision provides updated information on a variety of topics