DescriptionExplore the basic concepts of electronics, build your electronics workbench, and begin creating fun electronics projects right away!
Electronics For Dummies, 3rd Edition is Packed with hundreds of colorful diagrams and photographs, this book provides step-by-step instructions for experiments that show you how electronic components work, advice on choosing and using essential tools, and exciting projects you can build in 30 minutes or less. You’ll get charged up as you transform theory into action in chapter after chapter!
• Circuit basics: learn what voltage is, where current flows (and doesn’t flow), and how power is used in a circuit.
• Critical components: discover how resistors, capacitors, inductors, diodes, and transistors control and shape electric current.
• Versatile chips: find out how to use analog and digital integrated circuits to build complex projects with just a few parts.
• Analyze circuits: understand the rules that govern current and voltage and learn how to apply them.
• Safety tips: get a thorough grounding in how to protect yourself—and your electronics—from harm.
Electronics For Dummies, 3rd Edition helps you explore the basic concepts of electronics with confidence — this book will get you charged up!
Part I: Fathoming the Fundamentals of Electronics 5
Chapter 1: Introducing You to Electronics 7
Chapter 2: Gearing Up to Explore Electronics 25
Chapter 3: Running Around in Circuits 35
Chapter 4: Making Connections 49
Part II: Controlling Current with Components 65
Chapter 5: Meeting Up with Resistance 67
Chapter 6: Obeying Ohm’s Law 89
Chapter 7: Getting Charged Up about Capacitors 105
Chapter 8: Identifying with Inductors 131
Chapter 9: Diving into Diodes 147
Chapter 10: Tremendously Talented Transistors 163
Chapter 11: Innovating with Integrated Circuits 183
Chapter 12: Acquiring Additional Parts 215
Part III: Getting Serious about Electronics 237
Chapter 13: Preparing Your Lab and Ensuring Your Safety 239
Chapter 14: Interpreting Schematics 263
Chapter 15: Building Circuits 281
Chapter 16: Mastering Your Multimeter to Measure Circuits 303
Chapter 17: Putting Projects Together 325
Part IV: The Part of Tens 351
Chapter 18: Ten Ways to Explore Electronics Further 353
Chapter 19: Ten Great Electronics Parts Sources 357