DescriptionDo you dream of wiring up a flashing LED, experimenting with infrared detectors, or building a walking-talking robot from scratch? Do you want to understand what capacitors, oscilloscopes and transistors actually do? Then look no further!
Electronics For Dummies, UK Editioncovers everything from understanding the technology behind day-to-day gadgets, to reading a schematic, getting to grips with multimeters, and devising projects that are both useful and fun. With UK-specific information on where to purchase components for your workbench and the most useful websites and resources, this essential guide will get you up, running, and switched on in no time.
Electronics For Dummies, UK Edition includes:
Part I: Understanding The Fundamentals of Electronics
- Chapter 1: What is Electronics and What Can It Do For You?
- Chapter 2: Moving Electrons to Make Something Happen
- Chapter 3: Meeting Up with Resistance
- Chapter 4: Getting a Charge Out of Capacitors
- Chapter 5: Curling Up With Coils and Crystals
- Chapter 6: The Wide World of Semiconductors
- Chapter 7: Packing Parts Together on Integrated Circuits
- Chapter 8: Rounding Out Your Parts List
Part II: Getting Your Hands Dirty
- Chapter 9: Setting Up Shop and Ensuring Your Safety
- Chapter 10: Reading Schematics
- Chapter 11: Constructing Circuits
- Chapter 12: Measuring and Analysing Circuits
Part III: Putting Theory Into Practice
- Chapter 13: Exploring Some Learning Circuits
- Chapter 14: Great Projects You Can Build in 30 Minutes or Less
- Chapter 15: Cool Robot Projects to Amaze Your Friends and Family
Part IV: The Part of Tens
- Chapter 16: Ten (Or So) Terrific Tips to Help You Succeed
- Chapter 17: Ten Great Electronics Parts Sources
- Chapter 18: Ten Electronics Formulas You Should Know
Appendix: Internet Resources
- Getting Up to Speed with Tutorials and General Information
- Figuring Things Out with Calculators
- Surfing for Circuits
- Asking Questions in Discussion Forums
- Getting Things Surplus
Part I: Understanding the Fundamentals of Electronics.
Chapter 1: What Is Electronics and What Can It Do for You?
Chapter 2: Manipulating Electricity to Make Something Happen.
Chapter 3: Meeting Up with Resistance.
Chapter 4: Getting a Charge Out of Capacitors.
Chapter 5: Curling Up with Coils and Crystals.
Chapter 6: The Wide World of Semiconductors.
Chapter 7: Cramming Components into Chips.
Chapter 8: Rounding Out Your Parts List.
Part II: Getting Your Hands Dirty.
Chapter 9: Setting Up Shop and Staying Safe.
Chapter 10: Sussing out Schematics.
Chapter 11: Constructing Circuits.
Chapter 12: Measuring and Analysing Circuits.
Part III: Putting Theory into Practice.
Chapter 13: Exploring Some Simple Circuits.
Chapter 14: Great Projects You Can Build in 30 Minutes or Less.
Part IV: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 15: Ten Exciting Electronics Extras.
Chapter 16: Ten Great Sources for Electronics Parts.
Appendix: Internet Resources.