DescriptionThese projects are fun to build and fun to use
Make lights dance to music, play with radio remote control, or build your own metal detector
Who says the Science Fair has to end? If you love building gadgets, this book belongs on your radar. Here are complete directions for building ten cool creations that involve light, sound, or vibrations -- a weird microphone, remote control gizmos, talking toys, and more, with full parts and tools lists, safety guidelines, and wiring schematics.
Check out ten cool electronics projects, including
* Chapter 8 -- Surfing the Radio Waves (how to make your own radio)
* Chapter 9 -- Scary Pumpkins (crazy Halloween decorations that have sound, light, and movement)
* Chapter 12 -- Hitting Paydirt with an Electronic Metal Detector (a project that can pay for itself)
Discover how to
* Handle electronic components safely
* Read a circuit diagram
* Troubleshoot circuits with a multimeter
* Build light-activated gadgets
* Set up a motion detector
* Transform electromagnetic waves into sound
Companion Web site
* Go to www.dummies.com/go/electronicsprojectsfd
* Explore new projects with other electronics hobbyists
* Find additional information and project opportunities
Part I: Project Prep.
Chapter 1: Exploring the World of Electronics Projects.
Chapter 2: Safety First.
Chapter 3: Assembling Your Electronics Arsenal.
Chapter 4: Running Down the Skills You Need.
Part II: Sounding Off!
Chapter 5: Making Light Dance to the Music.
Chapter 6: Focusing Sound with a Parabolic Microphone.
Chapter 7: Murmuring Merlin.
Chapter 8: Surfing the Airwaves.
Part III: Let There Be Light.
Chapter 9: Scary Pumpkins.
Chapter 10: Dancing Dolphins.
Chapter 11: Controlling a Go-Kart Infrared Style.
Part IV: Good Vibrations.
Chapter 12: A Handy-Dandy Metal Detector.
Chapter 13: Sensitive Sam Walks the Line.
Chapter 14: Couch Pet-ato.
Part V: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 15: Ten Great Parts Suppliers.
Chapter 16: Ten Great Electronics Resources.
Chapter 17: Ten Specialized Electronics Resources.