DescriptionPrice Risk Management and Trading.
Energy risk management expert, Tom James, does it again. His latest book is a timely addition to the rapidly developing energy trading markets. This book should be on every energy trader, risk manager and corporate planer's desk. it is an easy read as Tom goes into great detail to explain the intricacies of this market and its various unique elements. - Peter C. Fusaro, Chairman, Global Change Associates Inc., Best-selling Author and Energy Expert
This sensible and practical guide is essential for those seeking an understanding of commerce in energy derivatives. beyond merely informative, this hand book for the practitioner details the finer points of the use of derivatives as tools for price-risk management. No energy trading desk should be without it. - Ethan L. Cohen, Senior Director, Utility and Energy Technology, UtiliPoint International Inc.
Energy markets are much more volatile than other commodity markets, so risk mitigation is more of a concern. Energy prices, for example, can be affected by weather, geopo9litical turmoil, changes in tax and legal systems, OPEC decisions, analysis' reports, transportation issues, and supply and demand - to name just a few factors. Tom James's book is a practical guide to assessing and managing these risks. It is a must-read for senior management as well as risk and financial professionals.- Don Stowers, Editor, Oil & Gas Financial Journal
This book is the most comprehensive on price risk management-centric efforts. It provides the reader with a tangible experience of derivatives in today's capital and energy markets. The breadth and scope of the passages are immense, in that both developed and developing countries' energy markets are considered and examples applied. Terrific read! - Rashpal Bhatti, Marketing Manager, Energy Trading Asia, Enron/BHP Billiton
Tom James has simplified the intricacies of a very complex market. In this new market of "hot" commodities, he has been able to give a fresh course to those who are new to the energy markets and a solid review for those that are well seasoned. he covers everything within the oil market from A to Z in this book and does it well. Coming from a financial background myself, it's good to finally find a book that can bring a better understanding to the field of energy commodities. - Carl Larry, Vice President Citi Energy Global Commodities
1. Risk Management in energy Markets.
2. the Energy Derivative Markets.
3. Energy Futures Contracts.
4. Pricing Middle East Crude n the Next Century.
5. Emissions Trading - Towards a Global Carbon Market.
6. Options Trading and Hedging Applications Strategies.
7. Energy Option-pricing Models.
8. Value at Risk and Stress Testing.
9. Questions to Ask When Establishing a Risk-Management or trading Program.
10. Management Controls.
11. Derivatives Controls & Usage Statement and Control Infrastructure.
12. OTC Derivatives Legal Documentation.
13. Energy-Market Hedging Scenarios.
14. Key Technical Analysis for energy Futures Markets.
15. Operational Risk and its Management.
16. A Practical Guide to Credit Control and Risk-Mitigation methods.
17. Accounting for Energy Derivatives Trades.