Enhancing Adult Motivation to Learn: A Comprehensive Guide for Teaching All Adults, 3rd Edition
DescriptionNew to this edition is the blending of a neuroscientific understanding of motivation and learning with an instructional approach responsive to linguistically and culturally different adult learners. Based on the most current educational and biological research, Enhancing Adult Motivation to Learn addresses issues that focus on deepening learner motivation and helping adults to want to learn. In the book, Raymond J. Wlodkowski offers a clear framework and sixty practical, research-based strategies that are designed to elicit and encourage learner motivation. In addition, the book is filled with practical examples, guidelines for instructional planning, and cutting-edge ideas for assessment and transfer of learning.
1. Understanding Motivation for Adult Learners.
2. Understanding How Aging and Culture Affect Motivation to Learn.
3. Characteristics and Skills of a Motivating Instructor.
4. What Motivates Adults to Learn.
5. Establishing Inclusion among Adult Learners.
6. Helping Adults Develop Positive Attitudes toward Learning.
7. Enhancing Meaning in Learning Activities.
8. Engendering Competence among Adult Learners.
9. Building Motivational Strategies into Instructional Designs.
Epilogue: Ethical Considerations for an Instructor of Adult.
Appendix: Observation Guide for Culturally Responsive Teaching and Learning (Adult Version).