David O. Carpenter.
Introduction: Environment and Health in the 21st Century: Challenges and Solutions: Jill Holdren, Shu Tao, and David O. Carpenter.
Part I: Policy:.
1. Asia's Changing Role in Global Climate Change: Toufiq A. Siddiqi.
2. Comparative Environmental Health Assessments: A Brief Introduction and Application in China: Kirk R. Smith.
3. Strategies for Addressing Global Environmental Health Concerns: William A. Suk and E. Ann Davis.
4. The Developmental Impact of the Financed Environmental Projects of the Development Bank of the Philippines in the Promotion of Equity and Sustainable Development: Noli B. Lucero.
5. Aquaculture Feed and Food Safety: The Role of FAO and Codex Alimentarius: Albert G. J. Tacon and Marc Metian.
Part II: Water and Weather:.
6. Investigating Water Pollution of the Dareh Morad Beik River in the Hamadan District, Iran: Mahdi Reyahi Khoram and Minoo Nafea.
7. Influence of BOD Degradation Patterns on Water Quality Modeling for Rivers Running through Urban Area: Chihhao Fan and Wei-Shen Wang.
8. Research on the Meteorological Conditions and its Related Diseases in Hefei, China: Xiaohong ChenQiping Cao, Chengxiao Liu, and Chunsheng Xu.
Part III: Organic Pollutants:.
9. Levels of Pesticides and PCBs in selected homes in Bangkok Metropolitan Region, Thailand: Prapat Pentamwa and Nguyen Thi Kim Oanh.
10. Pops Hotspot: Soil Contamination Due To a Demolished DDT (POP) Factory, Nowshera (NWFP) Pakistan: Mahmood A. Khwaja.
11. Monitoring of DNA Damage in Exposed Individuals to Petroleum Hydrocarbons in Ecuador: César Paz-y-Miño, Andrés López-Cortés, Melissa Arévalo, and María Eugenia Sánchez.
12. From Poison Ponds to Pleasure Spots: The Restoration of Hyderabad Lakes: E. Nageswara Rao.
13. PCB Levels in Humans in an Area of PCB Transformer Recycling: Bo Ling, Guangeng Han and Ying Xu.
Part IV: Children's Environmental Health:.
14. Children’s Environmental Health in the 21st Century: Challenges and Solutions: Jenny Pronczuk and Simona Surdu.
15. Dichlorodiphenyldichloroethylene Exposure during the First Trimester of Pregnancy Alters the Anal Position in Male Infants: Luisa Torres-Sanchez, Monica Zepeda, Mariano E. Cebrian, Jaime Belkind-Gerson, Rosa M Garcia-Hernandez, Uri Belking-Valdovinos, and Lizbeth Lopez-Carrillo.
16. Susceptibility of Children to Environmental Pollutants: Peter D. Sly and Felicity Flack.
17. The Effect of Plasma Lead on Anembryonic Pregnancy: Yan Yin, Ting Zhang, Yaohua Dai, Yihua Bao, Xiaoli Chen, and Xiaolin Lu.
18. Children’s Environmental Health: Intergenerational Equity in Action – A Civil Society Perspective: Mariann Lloyd-Smith and Bro Sheffield-Brotherton.
19. Asthma and Infectious Respiratory Disease in Relation to Residence Near to Hazardous Waste Sites: David O. Carpenter, Jing Ma, and Lawrence Lessner.
Part V: Air Pollution:.
20. Domestic Fuels, Indoor Air Pollution and Children's Health: The Case of Rural India: Bijaya Kumar Padhi and Pratap Kumar Padhy.
21. Emission of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs) from Indoor Straw Burning an Demission Investory Updating in China: Yanxu Zhang, Han Dou, Biao Chang, Zhicheng Wei, Weixun Qiu, Shuzhen Liu, Wenxin Liu, and Shu Tao.
22. Indoor Air Quality of Houses Llocated in the Urban Environment of Agra, India: Ajay Taneja, Renuka Saini, and Amit Masih.
23. Study of the Current Status and Factors that Influence Indoor Air Pollution in 138 Houses in the Urban Area in Xi’an: Junhan Liu, Yuming Guo, and Xiaochuan Pan.
Part VI: Metal Toxicity and Radioactivity:.
24. Zinc Toxicity among Galvanization Workers in Iron and Steel Industry: Amal El Safty, Khalid El Mahgoub, Sawsan Helal, and Neveen Abdel Maksoud.
25. Health Risk Evaluation for the Inhabitants of a Typical Mining Town in Mountain Area, South China: Xin-Ying Zhang, Xiao-LanTang, Cai-Liu Zhaod Gan Zhanga, Heng-Sheng Hu, Hao-Dong Wu, Bo Hu, Li-Ping Mo, and Li Huang Jin-Gao Wei.
26. Contents and Occurrence of Cadmium in the Coals from Guizhou Province, China: Dangyu Song, Mingshi Wang, Junying Zhang, and Chuguang Zheng.
27. Leaves of Orange Jasmine (Murraya paniculata) as Iindicators of Airborne Heavy Metal in Bangkok, Thailand: Teerawet Titseesang, Timothy Wood, and Noppaporn Panich.
28. Accumulation of Heavy Metals in Freshwater Fish in Cage Aquaculture at Cirata Reservoir, West Java, Indonesia: Indah Rachmatiah Siti Salami, Suphia Rahmawati, Ratri Indri Hapsari Sutarto, and Pinilih Marendra Jaya.
29. Characterization and Source Identification of Trace Metals in Airborne Particulates of Bangkok, Thailand: Thitima Rungratanaubon, Supat Wangwongwatana, and Noppaporn Panich.
30. Radioactivity Concentrations in Soils in the Qingdao Area, China: Limei Qu, De Yao, Pifu Cong, and Ning Xia.
Part VII: Fluoride and Arsenic:.
31. Fluoride in Chilies from Southwestern China: Li Bo, Li Shehong, Wang Mingguo, Liu Xiaojing, and Zheng Baoshan.
32. The Studying of Washing of Arsenic and Sulfur Coals Having Different Ranges of Arsenic Contents: Mingshi Wang, Dangyu Song, Baoshan Zheng, and R.B.Finkelman.
33. Protein Expression in The Livers and Urinary Bladders of Hamsters Exposed to Sodium Arsenite: Uttam K. Chowdhury and H. Vasken Aposhian.
34. Effect of Ferrous Iron on Arsenate Sorption to Amorphous Ferric Hydroxide: Muhammed Mukiibi, Wendell P. Ela, and A. Eduardo Sáez.
35. The Environmental and Public Health Risks Associated with Arsenical Use in Animal Feeds: Ellen K. Silbergeld and Keeve Nachman.
36. Genotoxic Effects of Children Environmental Exposure to Arsenic and Lead in Region Lagunera, Mexico: Javier Méndez-Gómez,Gonzalo-Gerardo García-Vargas, Lizbeth López-Carrillo, Emma-Soraida Calderón-Aranda, Arístides Gómez, Eunice Vera, Mahara Valverde, Mariano E. Cebrián, and Emilio Rojas.
37. Arsenic-induced Aberrant Gene Expression in Fetal Mouse Primary Liver Cell Cultures: Jie Liu, Limei Yu, Erik Tokar, Carl Bortner, Maria I. Sifre, Yang Sun, and Michael P. Waalkes.
Part VII: Hazardous Waste Remediation:.
38. Electrochemical Heterogeneous Catalytic Degradation of Wastewater Containing Phenol: Bao J. Jia, Dong Zhang, Ai L. Zhang, and Ji T. Zhou.
40. Photochemical Oxidation of Thiophene by O2 in an Oil/Acetonitrile Two-phase Extraction System: Fa-tang Lia, Di-xhun Zhao, Hong-xia Li, and Rui-hong Liu.
41. The Role of Calcium Ions in the Photocatalytic Oxidation of Humic Acid at Neutral pH: Eden G. Mariquit, Chris Salim, Hirofumi Hinode.
42. Fate of Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers during Wastewater Treatment/Polishing and Sludge Stabilization/Disposal: Robert G. Arnold, Sondra Teske, Matt Tomanek, Jason Engstrom, Cary Leung, Jianmin Zhang, Qais Banihani, David Quanrud, Wendell P. Ela, and A. Eduardo Sáez.
43. Analysis and Removal of Organic Pollutants in Biologically Treated Landfill Leachate by Inorganic Flocculants Composite of Al(III)-Mg(II): Yimin Sang, Qingbao Gu, Tichang Sun, Fasheng Li, and Yiting Pan.
44. Solid Waste Management Practices of Households in Manila, Philippines: Eileen C. Bernardo.
45. Protecting Health: Innovative Methods for the Recovery and Responsible Disposal of Heavy Metal Salts: Margaret-Ann Armour, Asya Linetsky, and Donna Ashick.
46. Use of Glass Fiber-reinforced Plastic As an Absorber in Limestone Wet Flue Gas Desulfurization: Lin Hai-bo.
47. Mixed Redox Catalytic Destruction of Chlorinated Solvents in Soils and Groundwater: From the Laboratory to the Field: Song Gao, Erik Rupp, Suzanne Bell, Martin Willinger, Theresa Foley, Brian Barbaris, A. Eduardo Sáez, Robert Arnold, and Eric Betterton.
48. Bioremediation of Heavy Metal-Contaminated Soils by Sulfate-Reducing Bacteria: Wei Jiang, and Wenhong Fan