DescriptionRegulatory Calculations Handbook addresses the environmental concerns of individuals by presenting the basic fundamentals of many environmental regulatory topics. Featuring an overview of the history of environmental problems, the current regulatory framework, and problems/solutions of practical problems in the field, this handbook comprehensively brings the potential calculations and information on regulations into one single-source reference.
- Provides 500 solved problems, which detail how to calculate the amount of pollutant that a facility is letting go into the environment
- Includes problems and solutions that can stand alone, offering material that develops the reader's understanding of regulatory matters
- Combines information that is otherwise spread-out and difficult to consolidate quickly
1. Early Environmental History.
2. Current Environmental Regulatory Framework.
3. Clean Air Act (CAA).
4. Clean Water Act (CWA).
5. Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA).
6. Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA).
7. Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA).
8. Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA-SUPERFUND).
9. Occupational Safety and health Act (OSHA).
10. Pollution Prevention Act (PPA).
Appendix A. International Regulations.
Appendix B. ISO 14000.
Appendix C. Miscellaneous Topics.
""This work is highly recommended for special libraries, large public libraries, and academic libraries serving upper-level undergraduates and graduate students in courses covering the environment."" (American Reference Books Annual, March 2009)