1. Basic Nuclear Medicine Physics.
2. Interaction of Radiation with Matter.
3. Formation of Radionuclides.
4. Nonscintillation Detectors.
5. Nonimaging Scintillation Detectors.
6. Imaging Instrumentation.
7. Single-Photon Emission Computed Tomography (SPECT).
8. Positron Emission Tomography (PET).
9. Combined PET/CT Imaging.
10. Quality Control.
11. Radiation Biology.
12. Radiation Dosimetry.
13. Radiation Safety.
14. Management of Nuclear Event Casualties.
A. Common Nuclides.
B. Major Dosimetry for common pharmaceuticals.
C. Sample Calculations of the S Value.
D. Guide to nuclear regulatory commission (NRC) publications.
- Presents difficult concepts clearly and concisely by simplifying complex language and defining new terminology
- Covers all essential topics including: instrumentation, SPECT, PET and PET/CT imaging, radiation biology, dosimetry, and safety
- New chapter on management of nuclear event casualties and new appendix with NRC rules and regulations
- Clarifies concepts with numerous illustrations