Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology, 9th Edition International Student Version
DescriptionLike its predecessors, this new edition offers a balanced introduction to the human body especially developed to meet the needs of the one-semester course. It provides an effective blend of stunning art and clearly written text to illuminate the complexities of the human body. Class-tested pedagogy is woven into the narrative and figures to ensure that students gain a solid understanding of the material.
Chapter 2. Introductory Chemistry.
Chapter 3. Cells.
Chapter 4. Tissues.
Chapter 5. The Integumentary System.
Chapter 6. The Skeletal System.
Chapter 7. Joints.
Chapter 8 . The Muscular System.
Chapter 9. Nervous Tissue.
Chapter 10. Central Nervous System, Spinal Nerves, and Cranial Nerves.
Chapter 11. Autonomic Nervous System.
Chapter 12. Somatic Senses and Special Senses.
Chapter 13. The Endocrine System.
Chapter 14. The Cardiovascular System: Blood.
Chapter 15. The Cardiovascular System: Heart.
Chapter 16. The Cardiovascular System: Blood Vessels and Circulation.
Chapter 17. The Lymphatic System and Immunity.
Chapter 18. The Respiratory System.
Chapter 19. The Digestive System.
Chapter 20. Nutrition and Metabolism.
Chapter 21. The Urinary System.
Chapter 22. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance.
Chapter 23. The Reproductive Systems.
Chapter 24. Development and Inheritance
• Most tissue photomicrographs have been replaced with exceptionally clear photomicrographs with high magnification blowouts.
• Illustrations in every chapter have been revised and updated providing greater clarity and more saturated colors. In particular illustrations of blood vessels, bones, and muscles have been extensively revised.
• All Focus on Wellness Essays are either entirely new, of have been extensively updated and revised.
• Introduces an innovative illustration program that surrounds high quality art with useful pedagogical elements: key concept statements; questions with every figure; orientation insets; matched numbered art to numbered processes listed in text; function overviews with anatomical art.
• Employs a concise writing style that emphasizes core content over extraneous detail.
• Relates the relevancy of the basic content to everyday life with highly praised Wellness Focus Essays in each chapter, as well as Common Disorders and Medical Terminology and Conditions found at the end of chapters.