About the authors.
1. Modern veterinary acupuncture.
2. An historical perspective.
3. Acupuncture - what is it and how does it work?
4. Acupuncture - does it work?
5. The use of acupuncture for acute and chronic pain.
6. The use of acupuncture for muscoskeletal pain.
7. Principles of point selection.
8. Acupuncture for the treatment of visceral pain and dysfunction.
9. Acupuncture for the treatment of non-painful conditions.
10. Practical aspects of acupuncture in the veterinary species.
11. Electroacupuncture and related techniques.
"This is an easy-to-read introductory book on the subject of veterinary acupuncture ... Best suited for veterinarians and veterinary students who are undertaking studies in acupuncture ... [who] will find it useful to understand acupuncture in terms they are familiar with." Australian Veterinary Journal
“A unique westernized explanation of acupuncture regarding its benefits in pain management. Present[s] acupuncture as a analgesic option, even for those with a Western mindset.” Exotic DVM Magazine
- Shows how acupuncture can be used without the need for a traditional Chinese Medicine approach;
- Essential reading for those interested in or studying acupuncture;
- Lots of practical advice including restraining techniques, choice of needles and electro acupuncture.