Dynamic Internet references.
Part I Evolution and Monitoring.
1. Introduction to Estuarine Systems.
2. Monitoring Estuarine Systems.
Part II The Bathymetry of Estuaries.
3. Estuarine Bathymetry.
4. Modeling Bathymetry.
Part III Tides in Estuaries.
5. Estuarine Tides.
6. Modeling Tides.
Part IV Currents in Estuaries.
7. Estuarine Currents.
8. Modeling Currents.
Part V The Temperature and Salinity of Estuaries.
9. Estuarine Temperature and Salinity.
10. Modeling Temperature and Salinity.
Part VI Suspended Particulate Matter in Estuaries.
11. Estuarine Particulates.
12. Modeling Particulates.
- Uses the theoretical basis for a new a generic model for estuarine tides, currents, temperature, salinity and particulate matter.
- Introduces the processes by carefully building a working computer model which accurately emulates the complexities, and retains the transparency, of estuaries.
- Includes a comprehensive introduction to geological evolution of estuaries.
- Features five main section on Bathymetry, Tides, Currents, Salt and Health and suspended sediment.
- Supported by a website that includes regularly updated dynamic internet references, Excelettes for individual formulas and diagrams, and full coding for sediment modules.