Ethics in Engineering Design - based on papers presented at the International Engineering and Product Design Education Conference, IE&PDE 2023 - provides that platform and addresses the full spectrum of design education.
This volume of papers is vital reading for all those students, practitioners, and professionals operating in the field of product and engineering design and education.
- QAA benchmark statements and Open University design courses
- Design for life-sustainable futures - are we all guilty?
- Sustainability - a design exercise?
- Cabin and passenger environment design for the Airbus A380 - a case study for education
- Using small scale alternative energy equipment as a vehicle for sustainable development study
- Development of concept designs for a disaster relief shelter a student project
- Copying - a constructive process
- Product design education in practise - evaluating the key transition from undergraduate degree to initial industrial position
- Inclusive product design (ethics and sustainability) project teaching, using a major study project as the vehicle
Design is key to innovation and wealth creation - it is, therefore, critical that the issue of Design Education has a forum for debate and dissemination of best practice.