Table of contents
About the Editors.
List of Contributors.
Foreword by Heather B. Weiss.
PART I: THE NEED FOR INTERNATIONAL COMPARISON.
1. Perspective through International Comparison in theEvaluation of Family Support (John Pinkerton and Ilan Katz).
PART II: UNDERPINNING ISSUES.
2. Political and Technical Issues Facing Evaluators of FamilySupport (Jane Tunstill).
3. Social Exclusion, Family Support and Evaluation (CorinneMay-Chahal, et al.).
4. The Value of Resilience as a Key Concept in Evaluating FamilySupport (Robbie Gilligan).
5. Issues in Evaluating Family Support Services: An AmericanPerspective (Peter Pecora).
6. Comparative Research as a Method of Evaluating Systems(Rachael Hetherington).
PART III: 'CASE STUDIES' FROM AROUND THE WORLD.
7. National Policy Making and the Need to Evaluate FamilySupport in the Republic of Ireland (Catherine Hazlett).
8. A Culturally Relevant Model for Evaluating Family Services inHong Kong (Monit Cheung and Chi-Kwong Law).
9. Lessons from the Evaluation of Fa mily Support in New Zealand(Jackie Sanders and Robyn Munford).
10. A Nationaln Evaluation of Family Support Services: AnEvaluation of Services Provided by the NSPCC in the United Kingdom(Ruth Gardner).
11. Empowering Parents: A Two-Generation Intervention in aCommunity Context in Northern Ireland (Nuala Quiery, etal.).
12. The Indicators Study: An Cross-Site ImplementationEvaluation of the Community Partnerships for Protecting ChildrenInitiative in America (Stephen Budde).
13. Policy Roots and Practice Growth: Evaluating Family Supporton the West Coast of Ireland (John Canavan and Pat Dolan).
14. The Resourceful Adolescent Project: A Universal Approach toPreventing Adolescent Depression through Promoting Resilience andFamily-Well Being in Australia (Ian Shochet and David Ham).
15. Evaluation of the Contact Family Service in Sweden (GunvorAndersson).
PART IV: TOWARDS AN INTERNATIONAL AGENDA.
16. International Convergence and Divergence: Towards an OpenSystem Model in the Evaluation of Family Support (Ilan Katz andJohn Pinkerton).