DescriptionThis bestselling pocket guide to the skills of evidence-based medicine succeeds in demystifying the terminology and processes in a handy and easy-to-follow format, all within the space of 100 pages.
With an improved layout, this second edition of Evidence-based Medicine Toolkit offers more up-to-date guidance as well as new sections on important areas of research.
New features of this second edition include:
- A box for each major database showing how to search the evidence, and highlighting the differences between them
- Flow charts for different study types
- New critical appraisal sections on qualitative research and economic evaluation
- Expanded list of EBM resources on the net.
With these added features to make the job easier, the new Toolkit is now an even better companion for all health care professionals using evidence-based methodology in their research and practice.
2. Asking answerable questions.
3. Finding the evidence: how to get the most from your searching.
4. Critical appraisal of guidelines.
5. Appraising systematic reviews.
6. Appraising diagnosis articles.
7. Appraising articles on harm/aetiology.
8. Appraising prognosis studies.
9. Appraising therapy articles.
10. Appraising qualitative studies.
11. Appraising economic evaluations.
12. Applying the evidence.
13. Evidence-based medicine: glossary of terms.
14. Selected evidence-based healthcare resources on the web.
15. Levels of evidence.
16. Study designs.
EBM Volume 11, August 2006
* Authors based at world famous Centre for Evidence-based Medicine in Oxford
* A box for each major database showing how to search the evidence, and highlighting the differences between them
* Flow charts for different study types
* New critical appraisal sections on qualitative research and economic evaluation
* Expanded list of EBM resources on the net