DescriptionThe Evidence-based Practice Workbook is an ideal tool for use by GPs, medical specialists and other healthcare professionals to learn the concepts of evidence-based practice (EBP). Practical and interactive, this workbook provides simple methods to help health professionals find and use the best evidence to answer clinical questions, developing their skills in:
- asking clinical questions
- searching for answers
- discriminating good from poor information and research
- using the answers to make clinical decisions.
This attractive, colour workbook provides a clear explanation of EBP skills and concepts. Written by internationally respected authors, this expanded and updated edition has been developed from evidence-based practice workshops run by the Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine at the University of Queensland and Oxford, and contains information and exercises to help health professionals learn how to use EBP in their clinical practice.
How to use this workbook.
Part 1: Introduction to evidence-based practice.
What is evidence-based practice?.
Some evidence-based cases.
Part 2: The steps in evidence-based practice.
EBP Step 1: Formulate an answerable question.
EBP Step 2: Track down the best evidence.
EBP Step 3: Critically appraise the evidence.
EBP Step 4: Apply the evidence.
Part 3: Further critical appraisal exercises.
Critical appraisal of studies for a prognosis question.
Critical appraisal of studies for a diagnostic test accuracy question.
Part 4: Reflections and further information.
How am I doing? Diary of a reflective practitioner.
Useful sources of evidence.
Answers to quizzes and appraisals
● A practical and interactive workbook to teach the concepts of evidence-based practice (EBP)
● Provides simple methods to finding and using the best evidence
● Written by internationally respected authors and developed from EBP workshops run by the Oxford Centre for Evidence Based Medicine