1. From effectiveness to efficiency? An introduction to evidence-based decisions and economics for health care, social welfare, education and criminal justice (Miranda Mugford, Ian Shemilt, Luke Vale, Kevin Marsh, Cam Donaldson, Jacqueline Mallender).
2. The role of review and synthesis methods in decision models (Kevin Marsh).
3. The role of economic perspectives and evidence in systematic review (Rob Anderson, Ian Shemilt).
4. The role of economic evidence in formulation of public policy and practice (Sarah Byford, Barbara Barrett, Richard Dubourg, Jennifer Francis, Jane Sisk).
5. Generalisability, transferability, complexity and relevance (Damian G Walker, Yot Teerawattananon, Rob Anderson, Gerry Richardson).
6. Equity, efficiency and research synthesis (David McDaid, Franco Sassi).
7.Searching for evidence for cost-effectiveness decisions (Julie Glanville, Suzy Paisley).
8. Identifying and reviewing health state utility values for populating decision models (John Brazier, Diana Papaioannou, Anna Cantrell, Suzy Paisley, Kirsten Herrmann).
9. Use of evidence in decision models (Doug Coyle, Karen M Lee, Nicola J Cooper).
10. Grading economic evidence (Massimo Brunetti, Francis Ruiz, Joanne Lord, Silvia Pregno, Andrew D Oxman).
11. Meta-regression models of economics and medical research (TD Stanley).
12. From evidence-based economics to economics-based evidence: using systematic review to inform the design of future research (Ed Wilson, Keith Abrams).
13. Complex problems or simple solutions? Enhancing evidence-based economics to reflect reality (Chantale Lessard, Stephen Birch).
14. Evidence-based decisions and economics: lessons for practice (Luke Vale).
15. Evidence-based decisions and economics: an agenda for research (Michael Drummond).
16. Glossary (Asmaa Abdelhamid, Ian Shemilt).