- This book is a single reference that’s indispensable for Excel beginners, intermediate users, power users, and would-be power users everywhere
- Fully updated for the new release, this latest edition provides comprehensive, soup-to-nuts coverage, delivering over 900 pages of Excel tips, tricks, and techniques readers won’t find anywhere else
- John Walkenbach, aka ""Mr. Spreadsheet,"" is one of the world’s leading authorities on Excel
- Thoroughly updated to cover the revamped Excel interface, new file formats, enhanced interactivity with other Office applications, and upgraded collaboration features
- Includes a valuable CD-ROM with templates and worksheets from the book
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
PART I: SOME ESSENTIAL BACKGROUND.
Chapter 1: Excel 2007: Where It Came From.
Chapter 2: Excel in a Nutshell.
Chapter 3: Formula, Tricks and Techniques.
Chapter 4: Understanding Excel's Files.
PART II: EXCEL APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT.
Chapter 5: What Is a Spreadsheet Application?
Chapter 6: Essentials of Spreadsheet Application Development.
PART III: UNDERSTANDING VISUAL BASIC FOR APPLICATIONS.
Chapter 7: Introducing Visual Basic for Applications.
Chapter 8: VBA Programming Fundamentals.
Chapter 9: Working with VBA Sub Procedures.
Chapter 10: Creating Function Procedures.
Chapter 11: VBA Programming Examples and Techniques.
PART IV: WORKING WITH USERFORMS.
Chapter 12: Custom Dialog Box Alternatives.
Chapter 13: Introducing UserForms.
Chapter 14: UserForm Examples.
Chapter 15: Advanced UserForm Techniques.
PART V: ADVANCED PROGRAMMING TECHNIQUES.
Chapter 16: Developing Excel Utilities with VBA.
Chapter 17: Working withy Pivot Tables.
Chapter 18: Working with Charts.
Chapter 19: Understanding Excel's Events.
Chapter 20: Interacting with Other Applications.
Chapter 21: Creating and Using Add-Ins.
PART VI: DEVELOPING APPLICATIONS.
Chapter 22: Working with the Ribbon.
Chapter 23: Working with Shortcut Menus.
Chapter 24: Providing Help for Your Applications.
Chapter 25: Developing User-Oriented Applications.
PART VII: OTHER TOPICS.
Chapter 26: Compatibility Issues.
Chapter 27: Manipulating Files with VBA.
Chapter 28: Manipulating Visual Basic Components.
Chapter 29: Understanding Class Modules.
Chapter 30: Working with Colors.
Chapter 31: Frequently Asked Questions about Excel Programming.
PART VIII: APPENDIXES.
Appendix A: Excel Resources Online
Appendix B: VBA Statements and Functions Reference.
Appendix C: VBA Error Codes.
Appendix D: What's on the CD-ROM.
- Written by top Excel authority John Walkenbach, aka ""Mr. Spreadsheet.""
- Provides everything students need to create customized Excel applications, including an overview of Excel application development, a complete introduction to VBA programming, and lots of examples illustrating programming techniques.
- Fully updated to cover the new Excel interface and features.
- The CD-ROM includes over 100 sample spreadsheets from the book as well as the authorÕs award-winning Power Utility Pak.