- Thirty clearly defined lessons take the reader from understanding the parts of an Excel application into building applications to work with data, formulas, charts, and the enhanced XML capabilities of the new Excel "X"
- Book is designed to teach the core concepts of Excel over a weekend or in just fifteen hours, with each session being thirty minutes
- Applicable to Excel 2000, Excel 2002, and the latest release, Excel 2003
- Helps Excel power users in fields such as accounting, finance, operations management, and market research to begin automating data manipulation in Excel quickly, so they can handle real-world projects
- A how-to guide to using Excel's programmability to create custom data-processing and analysis solutions
- Covers security, debugging, and error handling
- Companion Web site includes sample files, projects, and test enginewith self-assessment exam
PART I—Friday Evening.
SESSION 1–Microsoft Excel Programming—Why and How.
SESSION 2–The VBA Code Editor.
SESSION 3–The Excel Object Model.
SESSION 4–Syntax and Data in VBA.
PART II–Saturday Morning.
SESSION 6–Control Constructs.
SESSION 7–Procedures and Modules.
SESSION 8–Working with Dates and Times.
SESSION 9–Working with Text.
SESSION 10–Using Ranges and Selections.
PART III–Saturday Afternoon.
SESSION 11–Working with Columns, Rows, and Cells.
SESSION 12–Programming with Custom Formulas.
SESSION 13–Programming with Excel’s Built-In Functions.
SESSION 14–Formatting a Worksheet.
SESSION 15–Find and Replace Operations.
SESSION 16–Creating Custom Toolbars.
PART IV–Saturday Evening.
SESSION 17–Introduction to Charts.
SESSION 18–Advanced Charting Techniques.
SESSION 19–Creating Custom Dialog Boxes with User Forms.
SESSION 20–Controls for User Forms.
PART V–Sunday Morning.
SESSION 21–Advanced User Form Techniques.
SESSION 22–A User Form Example.
SESSION 23–Working with Events.
SESSION 24–Security Considerations.
SESSION 25–Debugging and Distributing an Application.
SESSION 26–Defining and Using Custom Classes.
PART VI–Sunday Afternoon.
SESSION 27–Handling Runtime Errors.
SESSION 28–Database Tasks.
SESSION 29–Creating Add-Ins.
SESSION 30–Adding Online Help to Your Application.
Appendix A–Answers to Part Reviews.
Appendix B–What’s on the Web Site.
|CD||Missing code listings for Chpts 24-30,The missing code is in the file you can download at the link below: Code Listing||10/1/03|
View the Companion Site.