About the Author.
Chapter 1. Introducing Visual Basic for Applications.
Chapter 2. Fundamentals of Programming with VBA.
Chapter 3. Worksheet Functions for Working with Matrices.
Chapter 4. Number Series.
Chapter 5. Interpolation.
Chapter 6. Differentiation.
Chapter 7. Integration.
Chapter 8. Roots of Equations.
Chapter 9. Systems of Simultaneous Equations.
Chapter 10. Numerical Integration of Ordinary Differential Equations, Part I: Initial Conditions.
Chapter 11. Numerical Integration of Ordinary Differential Equations, Part II: Boundary Conditions.
Chapter 12. Partial Differential Equations.
Chapter 13. Linear Regression and Curve Fitting.
Chapter 14. Nonlinear Regression Using the Solver.
Chapter 15. Random Numbers and the Monte Carlo Method.
Appendix 1 Selected VBA Keywords.
Appendix 2 Shortcut Keys for VBA.
Appendix 3 Custom Functions Help File.
Appendix 4 Some Equations for Curve Fitting.
Appendix 5 Engineering and Other Functions.
Appendix 6 ASCII Codes.
Appendix 7 Bibliography.
Appendix 8 Answers and Comments for End-of-Chapter Problems.
"This is a wonderful book for power users of Excel or those wanting to learn VBA and could also be useful as a course book in numerical methods…"" (IEEE Electrical Insulation Magazine, July/August 2008)
"I am wiser now, and you should be, too! This book is strongly recommended for all engineers, scientists, undergraduate and graduate students that have ever used EXCEL." (Materials and Manufacturing Processes, Volume 22, Issue 7 2007)
"An excellent volume for practicing scientists or engineers encountering numerical methods." (CHOICE, October 2007)
- Appeals to a wide audience of scientists and engineers (with little to no background in programming) who use Excel
- Illustrates how Excel can be used to help scientists process, analyze, and present scientific data via numerical methods in Excel.
- Contains a computer disk (or CD) usable in either MacIntosh or Windows environments with many useful spreadsheet templates, macros, and other tools.
- Demonstrates step-by-step how to program EXCEL to perform appropriate tasks, automate repetitive data processing tasks, and prepare integrated documents by transferring data and graphics.
- Provides end of chapter questions to assist in student training and understanding.
- Suitable as a supplementary or main text for second semester or second year students with at least one semester of calculus.