DescriptionExchange-Traded Derivatives provides an overview of the global listed futures and options markets, and how individual exchanges and products are adapting to a new operating environment - an environment characterized by rapid, almost continuous, change. This book serves as an ideal resource on the 21st century listed derivative markets, products and instruments.
Divided into three parts, Exchange-Traded Derivatives begins by providing an overall understanding of the marketplace and the forces that have, and are, altering the operating environment - stressing how exchanges need to change in order to cope with the challenges. The author then provides a comprehensive description of leading established exchanges, detailing their origins and structure, range of products and services, strengths and 'weaknesses'. The book concludes with a look at emerging marketplaces - those in developing countries as well as new "electronic" platforms - that are likely to increase in importance over the coming years.
Exchange-Traded Derivatives is a valuable reference for fund managers, corporate treasurers, corporate risk managers, CFOs and those seeking a detailed guide to the world's derivative exchanges and products.
PART I: THE CHANGING MARKETPLACE.
1. Forces of Change.
2. Responding to Challenges.
PART II: THE ESTABLISHED EXCHANGES.
3. Borsa Italiana (BI).
6. International Petroleum Exchange (IPE).
7. London International Financial Futures Exchange (LIFFE).
8. London Metal Exchange (LME).
9. Mercado Español de Futuros Financieros (MEFF).
10. OM/Stockholmborsen (OM).
11. Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT).
12. Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE).
13. Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME).
14. Montreal Exchange (MX).
15. New York Board of Trade (NYBOT).
16. New York Mercantile Exchange (NYMEX).
17. Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing (HKEx).
18. Osaka Securities Exchange (OSE).
19. Singapore Exchange (SGX).
20. Sydney Futures Exchange (SFE).
21. Tokyo Commodity Exchange (TOCOM).
22. Tokyo Grain Exchange (TGE).
23. Tokyo International Financial Futures Exchange (TIFFE).
24. Tokyo Stock Exchange (TSE).
PART III: THE NEW MARKETPLACES.
25. Bolsa de Mercado e Futuros (BMF) - Brazil.
26. Mercado Mexicano de Derivados (Mexder) - Mexico.
27. Korea Futures Exchange (KOFEX) - South Korea.
28. Malaysian Derivatives Exchange (MDEX) - Malaysia.
29. South African Futures Exchange (SAFEX)-South Africa.
Electronic Communication Networks and Electronic Exchanges.
30. Intercontinental Exchange (ICE).
31. BrokerTec Futures Exchange (BTEX).
32. OneChicago (OC).
33. International Securities Exchange (ISE).
34. European Electricity Exchange (EEX).