Exercise Leadership in Cardiac Rehabilitation for High Risk Groups: An Evidence-Based Approach
DescriptionThis book covers fully the unique needs of patients in a UK setting. Each high risk group has a chapter dedicated to specific pathophysiological nuances, exercise prescription and exercise delivery. In addition, other influences on exercise including medications, appliances etc. are covered. Each chapter is based on the latest and best evidence.
1. The Evolution of Cardiac Rehabilitation and Future Directions (Morag Thow).
2. Type II Diabetes (Alison Kirk and Lesley O’Brien).
3. Chronic Heart Failure (Ann Taylor and Aynsley Cowie).
4. Arrhythmia and Implanted Cardioverter Defibrillators (Patrick Doherty and Samantha Breen).
5. Heart Transplants (Sue Dennell).
6. Co-morbidity and Ageing (Mhairi Campbell and Hilary Dingwall).