1. Anthropology and the Predicaments of Holism (Nils Bubandt, University of Aarhus and Ton Otto, The Cairns Institute, Queensland).
Part 1: Rethinking Holism in Ethnographic Practice.
2. Beyond the Whole in Ethnographic Practice? Introduction to Part 1 (Ton Otto, The Cairns Institute, Queensland and Nils Bubandt, University of Aarhus).
3. Holism and the Expectations of Critique in Post-1980s Anthropology: Notes and Queries in Three Acts and an Epilogue (George E. Marcus, Irvine, CA).
4. Worlding the Matsutake Diaspora: Or, Can Actor–Network Theory Experiment With Holism? (Anna Tsing, University of California, Santa Cruz).
5. The Whole Beyond Holism: Gambling, Divination, and Ethnography in Cuba (Martin Holbraad, University College London).
Part 2: Beyond Cultural Wholes? Wholes are Parts, and Parts are Wholes.
6. Beyond Cultural Wholes? Introduction to Part 2 (Ton Otto, The Cairns Institute, Queensland and Nils Bubandt, University of Aarhus).
7. The Whole is a Part: Intercultural Politics of Order and Change (Marshall Sahlins, Chicago, IL).
8. Lingual and Cultural Wholes and Fields (Alan Rumsey, Australian National University).
9. Deep Wholes: Fractal Holography in Trobriand Agency and Culture (Mark Mosko, Australian National University).
Part 3: Beyond Structural Wholes? Encompassment, Collectives, and Global Systems.
10. Beyond Structural Wholes? Introduction to Part 3 (Nils Bubandt, University of Aarhus and Ton Otto, The Cairns Institute, Queensland).
11. Louis Dumont and a Holist Anthropology (Bruce Kapferer, Institutt for Sosialantropologi).
12. From Wholes to Collectives: Steps to an Ontology of Social Forms (Philippe Descola, Collège de France).
13. Holism and the Transformation of the Contemporary Global Order (Jonathan Friedman, Lund).
Part 4: Beyond Social Wholes? Holistic Practice: Cosmology, History, and the Continuity of Life.
14. Beyond Social Wholes? Introduction to Part 4 (Nils Bubandt, University of Aarhus and Ton Otto, The Cairns Institute, Queensland).
15. Proportional Holism: Joking the Cosmos Into the Right Shape in North Asia (Rane Willerslev, Moesgaard Museum, Hojbjerg and Morten Axel Pedersen, Københavns Universitet).
16. One Past and Many Pasts: Varieties of Historical Holism in Melanesia and the West (Eric Hirsch, Brunel University and Daniele Moretti, Brunel University).
17. Drawing Together: Materials, Gestures, Lines (Tim Ingold, University of Aberdeen).