1. Free to Choose.
2. Born Selfish?.
3. Pursuing Happiness.
4. Relativist Mutations.
5. The Resort to Rights.
6. Principles and Intuitions.
7. Virtue and Context.
8. Personal Connections.
9. Matters of Life and Death.
10. Equality and Diversity.
11. Freedom, Justice and Conflict.
12. Balance, Harmony and Environment.
Postscipt: The Traveller's Return.
* Complements Almond's successful introduction 'Exploring Philosophy'.
* Comprises a lively, wide-ranging introduction to ethics.
* Defends a rights - and virtue - based ethics as opposed to the more commonly used utilitarian approach.